Monday, April 4, 2011

Planting Seedlings

So, we seeded only hundreds of plants and now that they have done their part of nicely growing, it is our turn to get them into the Earth. We have several blotches dedicated to veggies and so I spent the last couple of days, preparing the soil and then getting these little ones in. And here is what I did to the backyard:


On the left with the poles (yes, pink ribbon! Save the tataas!) are Scarlett Runner Beans, a perennial legume, in the center are Zucchinis with some short wired arbors (space saving by letting tem climb a bit), in the back I planted Snap Peas (I also gave them small wired arbors) and to the right are our Brussels (doing great after my treatment).

In the front, Roberto had moved the pond out of the way (THX, Bello! BTW: Our ducks loove that thing, guess they didn't get the message that they were a breed of LAND ducks) and after some soil preparation, and path laying, I planted away:



On the left, we have Heirloom Red Corn, to the right Black Beauty Zucchinis (yes, I love zuccs) and in the back, behind the tomatoe cages are (tataa) the tomates. I am planning to put some Purple Basil in with the tomatoes once these seedlings are a bit taller.


"Nature never says one thing and wisdom another." Decimus Junius Juvenalis

No comments:

Post a Comment