Friday, April 29, 2011

Wild Sage Seeds Savings

Right now is a great time for taking hikes. When the sun hits all the aromatic herbs, the scents come out and while hiking, you are actually getting Aromatherapy.

Dried up wild sage blossom
When I hiked a few weeks ago with Aurelia, I picked up a few dried up wild sage blossoms, thinking to extract the seeds and grow some of these beauties in the Suburban Homestead.

And when I hiked with Roberto a few days ago, we picked up a few wild fennel seeds as well.

Now, I am extracting these seeds and store them for a little bit. 

I could seed them right now; there is nothing wrong with seeding immediately. However, I am practising Moon Gardening, a technic that schedules gardening chores after the cycles of the Moon; if you want to read more about this, please refer to my blog named "Gardening with La Luna".

Per this practise, seeds of perennials are best seeded in the First Quarter of the Moon cycle.

Since we are in the fourth quarter of the Moon phases, which is a dormant phase, I want to waitr until probably Monday or Tuesday, when we are into the first quarter of the Moon phases to seed these babies. 


"Nature never says one thing and wisdom another." Decimus Junius Juvenalis

No comments:

Post a Comment