Just wanted to share our progress ... Looking good ... Guess, we are more than on track ...
Yellow font = in the process
Green font = has been completed
Red font = to be done next
* Clean up backyard from overgrown monster-ivy from neighbors (it was seriously taking over our backyard and pushing in fences and destroying walls ...)
* Pull the three huge palm trees out (see my post Reduce Reuse Recycle - they all found a new home, where they are loved)
* Pull all other purely ornamental shrubs and trees out (you need a reason to remain in our yard... one by one they GO! ... yeah!)
* Terrace the backyard with two parallel running walls (my poor Roberto!!!)
* Clean pond for our ducks; get a solar pump - pond to remain in front since our 'land' ducks are so not into the pond ...
* Plant (self fertile) fruit trees and berry bushes (1 Grapefruit Oro Blanco, 1 Persimmon Fuyu, 3 Pomegranate Wonderful, 1 Lemon Meyer, 1 Orange Navel, 1 Apple Fuji, 1 Pear Fan Sea, 2 Plum Santa Rosa, 2 Nectarine, 1 Apricot, 3 Blueberry Misty, 2 Raspberry Heritage, 2 Grapes (Cabernet, Thompson seedless) on arbor in back, one fig Black Mission
* Trellis arbor # 2 with 2 more Grapes (need to weld/ fix it first)
* Repot / fertilize baby trees (raised from cuttings / seeds): 2 Pomegranate, 3 Macadamia, 1 Kumquat, 2 figs, 1 Etrog, 2 Dragonfruits. One of my two Dragonfruits didn't make it. BUMMER!
* Arbor in front with Passion Fruit
* Put in a walk way from front patio top back patio with natural stones (they are soo awesome ... THX to Craigslist!)
* Build Chicken Coop (after pondering designs FOREVAH, Roberto is now in the building process)
* Build Duck House - These guys are almost fully feathered now - See "All ducked out"
* Build Animal Enclosure
* Kiwi Arbor in front as entrance (Robert is not warming up to this idea; so this one may not happen... BUMMAH!)
* Build Worm Bin
* Build Compost Pile (we bought one .... Ghee, that was easy. No, we didn't get it at Staples!)
* Get Khaki Campbell ducklings (one of them has a AUEEH, see "Lame Duck Night Out"
* Get fertile Ameraucana eggs and hatch chicks - See "The Hatch is on"
* Seed heirlooms Tomatoes, Scarlett Runner Beans, Corn, Asparagus, Artichoke, Eggplant, Melon, Squash, Peppers, Red Cabbage, Peas, Leek, Cabbage, Chard, Brokkoli, Brussel Sprouts (by the hundreds ... no, seriously!)
* Transplant heirlooms Tomatoes, Scarlett Runner Beans, Corn, Asparagus, Artichoke, Red Cabbage, Peas, Leek, Cabbage, Chard, Brokkoli, Brussel Sprouts (by the hundreds ... no, seriously!)
* Rhubarb and Strawberries planted
* Lettuces planted
* Companions for Blueberries planted: 3 Hydrangeas that I originally had as indoor plants from way back when
* Pull lawn out in backyard - HALLELUJAH!
* Potatoes - doing really well
* Onions as companions for our blueberries - see "Plants have BFF's, too"
* Get / Plant Pakistani Mulberry tree
* Get / Plant Old fashioned scented roses
* Seed / Plant: Herbs and insect benefitial flowers: Sage, Thyme, Mint, Lavender, Echinacea, Purple Basil, Camomille, Coriander, Stevia, Rosemary, Dianthus, Zinnia
* Set up Bee Hive with a Carneolean Queen (less aggressive) - they are supposed to arrive in April.
* Build and paint white hive
* Schoko pregnant (gestation is 63 days)
While working on one or another, don't drop too many balls ....
"Nature never says one thing and wisdom another." Decimus Junius Juvenalis
55 AD - 138 AD