Thursday, October 13, 2011

TUTORIAL: Crocheting Baby Bibs - Bibbe-Dee-Bobbe-Dee Frog and Duck

Here is an easy to make item for a baby-shower: Baby-Bibs

Our beloved mess-master wee-ones seem to always be in need of a bib and mommy-to-be will be happy for yet another bib.

Here is how I made the Froggy:

  • 1 ball green cotton yarn; I used Sugar & Cream
  • 1 ball white cotton yarn; I used Sugar & Cream
  • 1 ball black cotton yarn; I used Sugar & Cream
  • 1 ball brown cotton yarn; I used Sugar & Cream

With a crocheting hook in European size 5 or US 8, I casted 15 loops with the green yarn.
In the following 12 single-crocheted rows, I added one loop per side.
In the last 8 single-crocheted rows, I subtracted one loop per side and finished the bib by single- crocheting around the entire piece, weaving in any threads.

Then I made the first of the eyes with the white yarn by casting 4 loops and single-crocheted 4 rows to it, then casted all four loops off together and used the crocheting hook with the white yarn to stitch the eye onto the green base. Repeat for eye #2.

For the pupils, I made the first one with the black yarn by casting 1 loop and single-crocheted 5 casts out of it, and then used the crocheting hook with the black yarn to stitch the eye onto the green base. Repeat for eye #2.

The mouth is simply 15 loops with one single-crochet row on top (using the brown yarn) and stitched onto the green base.

DONE!


And here are the directions for Ducky:

  • 1 ball yellow cotton yarn; I used Sugar & Cream
  • 1 ball white cotton yarn; I used Sugar & Cream
  • 1 ball black cotton yarn; I used Sugar & Cream
  • 1 ball brown cotton yarn; I used Sugar & Cream



With a crocheting hook in European size 5 or US 8, I casted 20 loops with the yellow yarn. 
In the following 10 single-crocheted rows, I added one loop per side.
In the last 10 single-crocheted rows, I subtracted one loop per side and finished the bib by single- crocheting around the entire piece, weaving in any threads.

Then I made the first of the eyes with the white yarn by casting 6 loops and single-crocheted 5 rows to it, then reduced the loops one per side until only one loop left and used the crocheting hook with the white yarn to stitch the eye onto the green base. Repeat for eye #2. 

For the pupils, I made the first one with the black yarn by casting 1 loop and single-crocheted 5 casts out of it, and then used the crocheting hook with the black yarn to stitch the eye onto the green base. Repeat for eye #2. 

The mouth is made like this: 12 loops with 7 single-crochet rows on top (using the brown yarn), adding one loop per side and stitched onto the yellow base.

DONE!


"Nature never says one thing and wisdom another." Decimus Junius Juvenalis

No comments:

Post a Comment