We are spending a weekend in beautiful Park City, UT.
The 'retired' marketing exec in me thinks, they should change their marketing campaign to "Love at an Elevation". Their current claim "Life elevated" isn't really doing it for me.After lunching at the Park Silly market, a wonderful farmers and crafters market every Sunday from 10am til (I believe) 5pm and we were back home in time for the daily brief storms with thunder and lightening, when I asked the gang whether they felt like cookies. OH YES! In retrospect, DUH - why did I ask?
Since I am often worrying that Aurelia gets enough protein, I add whey protein in a bunch of baked items, hehe.
At this point, I probably should talk about the soy problem and why anything including soy (and also anything including high fructore corn syrup) is banned in our households. You may want to check the ingredient lists of snack foods, especially those sold for kids and you will be amazed how many have these two black lister ingredients in them.
Here is why soy is bad for you: To get quality soy is almost impossible because along with corn it must be the most tempered with crop. In addition to its wide range genetical modification, soy may cause cancer (or maybe because of it, who is to say?!). And if that's not enough, I am highly allergic to soy. My body knows best, eh?!
Anywho, here is the recipe:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Serving of chocolate whey protein
- 3 cups oats (do not use instant)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate morsels
1. Cream shortening and sugars, add eggs and milk and beat well.2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder. Add to first mixture and mix well; add all other dry ingredients.
3. Add morsels and nuts. Add oats last.
4. Spoon out by rounded tablespoonfuls on to greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350°F. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
6. Start munching.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
"Nature never says one thing and wisdom another." Decimus Junius Juvenalis