Friday, July 20, 2012

Succulent Wall - Vertical Gardening - TUTORIAL

You have seen them everywhere, probably. I liked them soo much, I decided to make two for our wall on the back patio.


I used:

  • 2 old wooden coca cola crates. 
  • nails
  • plastic sheet
  • succulent cuttings 
  • sphagnum moss
  • soil






Here's what I did:


I found 2 old wooden coca cola crates. They are truely vintage and a piece of art just by them selves, if you ask me. 


Cut the plastic sheet to the size of the back of each crate. This is to protect your wall from water. Not that you water succulents THAT much, but an itty bit of water even these little plantlings need. 


Nailed the sheet on the back.


I started with layering the moss into the crates as a base and additional soaking material to protect the wall.


Then, I filled it up with soil, put the cutting in and used moss again to push it in place. 
After that, I watered them, let them dry up and hung them. 


That's it.


Now, I will probably have to water them once a month.  When I do that, I take them off the wall, water them, let them dry and hang them again.

"Nature never says one thing and wisdom another." Decimus Junius Juvenalis

No comments:

Post a Comment