Now, what to do with all those goodies?
Well, for sage, there are multiple uses as tea since it is such a benefitial herb.
And of course we love fried sage leaves.
If you have never tried it, well, you must!
SAGE IS GOOD FOR YOU!
- It is said to benefitially influence the human spirit,
- to quell unnatural or vicious sexual desires,
- restores normal virility when failure is not due to veneral disease,
- helps in fevers, colds and coughs,
- acts as insecticide,
- heart tonic,
- helps in digestive ailments, constipation, obesity,
- supports weaning,
- aids in nervous ailments, including paralysis and mild mental derangement,
- improves memory.
And did I mention it yet: it's yummy!
OK, here now my fried sage leaves recipe:
bunch of sage leaves
optional: flour for dusting
Wash the sage, shake dry, set aside.
Crack egg, whisk it, pull each sage leaf through it.
Now, the optional part: dust with flour. BTW: I didn't do this.
Melt butter in pan, fry leaves until crispy brown.
Takes them out, sprinkle with salt.
I like them with a rose champagne as appetizer!
If you want to read up on the health benefits of sage, click HERE.
"Nature never says one thing and wisdom another." Decimus Junius Juvenalis